GUASTI PUBLIC MARKET
The 50-acre historic Guasti District, located in Ontario, California, was once a thriving winery center. Founded in 1904, the town developed around what became the largest vineyard and winery operation in the world in its time.
The renovation of 175,000 SF of existing historic stone winery buildings within the district will become the nucleus of a larger master-planned food and entertainment destination. BCV's adaptive reuse of one 64,000 SF winery building will house the Guasti Public Market, as well as a new winery tasting room, restaurant, and a Lucky Strike bowling alley. While preserving and restoring the integrity of the existing stone building, BCV's design creates contemporary and complementary architectural insertions at building entries, retail storefronts, and the interior market framework to produce a dramatic backdrop for a dynamic and eclectic tenant mix.